Thursday 9 June 2011

A new skirt for Holly

Today I felt a little creative and thought I would make my daughter, Holly, a skirt for when she is older.  I didn't have a pattern just an idea and ended up with a pretty skirt that will fit her when she is (a lot) older. I am guessing around 10 years old.  Let's hope she still wants to wear it at that age! The fabric is Amy Butler Love Arabesque Ivory which I bought on sale from Fabric Online and the belt is navy whale cord from Spotlight.

Front

Back

My new skill - belt loops.

The waist band has my trade mark adjustable snapped elastic. But my new skill I have acquired is belt loops. Lots of room for improvement so will keep practicing. 

3 comments:

  1. love this skirt and newest follower here =) great blog it looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! The fabric is perfect for a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this fabric not knowing what I was going to do with it but I think I have found the perfect purpose:-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...